Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Wednesday's Work in Progress

I have seen other bloggers post pictures of projects they are working on, I am currently crafting a needle felted mama Phoenix, a nest and a hatchling to accompany a story I wrote for Eoghan.  Here's a photo of Mama Phoenix so far.

Here's a couple of photos of my little man sporting his Phoenix colors:


I am very drawn to orange and red right now.  It must be the early stirrings of summer.

I am also working on crafting 3 birds for my first craft swap I am participating in, I just received the names of the crafters I am to exchange birds with today.  I will post pictures of my projects once the recipients receive their little birdies.

4 comments:

  1. Aw, he's so adorable. Will love to see the Phoenix when he's finished! Sounds like a great story. Thanks for stopping by Chocolate Eyes. There's another post here where I talk more about the woodworking. http://chocoeyes.blogspot.com/2011/03/northern-adventure-woodworking.html

    The first pic shows them in various degrees of development. So they start out completely flat- carved from a thick piece of pine or whatever I found on my father-in-law's workshop floor. They're fun!

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  2. your bird is looking great! what a cutie in his summery colours

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Becca, I am going to try my hand at it very soon, I'll post some pics of my progress soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww Thanks Karen, I had lots of fun making this one.

    ReplyDelete