Thursday, June 23, 2011

Busy Busy Bee


I've been very busy getting ready for our Summer Solstice Party this Saturday and learning to knit, sorry for the lapse in posts but here are some pictures of what I have been up to.





Water colored suns in the dining room windows.


Little summer garland, and I knitted those sheep and painted the trees (a little early for fall trees but wishful thinking on my part)


A felted bumble bee mobile to hang above the dinner table I am making a beehive out of bread for our celebration Saturday served with some local honey and Amish butter.


Our Summer Nature Table

A Summer Ball


A little pig 


And some Hens to join us for breakfast in our kitchen


and 6 fire stackers that will be gifts for all the wee guests on Saturday.

All of the knitting patterns have come from "A First Book of Knitting" by Bonnie Gosse and Jill Allerton.  I took a knitting class with my daughter a few years ago, but never really learned anything more than how to cast on and off and knit and purl stitch, this is a great book for anyone looking to learn how to knit on their own.  



6 comments:

  1. How lovely! It looks like it will be a lovely celebration tomorrow! Our little family Midsummer celebration is going to be this evening and I am really looking forward to it! I borrowed a few ideas from you. W and I tried to make a bread beehive yesterday (it spread terribly in the oven so it's more of a bread blob, but it will do) and I had him help me do some water color paintings that I oiled after they were dry and then cut out into suns. He loves them because they are the decoration he helped make this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. btw, the fire stackers look fantastic and I love all the little knitted creations too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, have you been busy! The stackers are such a beautiful gift! I love your knit wares! And your summer banner, I may have to do that for our nature table. Beautiful.

    Becca

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard from you in a while so thought I'd check in... Such lovely hanging Summer Solstice decorations!

    MB

    ReplyDelete
  5. How nice to see the more recent photos of your baby... he's getting so big and must surely be even bigger since those photos were taken (they grow SO fast!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of your summer decorations! I'm going to tuck this post away for inspiration next yr. ;)

    ReplyDelete